Welcome to TurboCelica.com..
Home
of The Shuttle...
Navigation Menu
Home   The Cars   The Humor   Contact Me  

Visitor Number
Hit Counter


Chris' '90 Toyota Celica All-Trac Turbo (aka "The Shuttle")
Safety Mods - Reinforced Engine Mounts
Updated: September 25, 2017
 
I used the 80A durometer urethane casting goop (part number 8644K11) from www.mcmaster.com.  This is a two-component system that comes pre-measured - you simply combine both components, mix thoroughly, then pour.  I used good ole duct tape to seal-up one side of each engine mount, laid the engine mounts horizontally, then poured the urethane solution into the open side of the mount.  About an hour to 90 minutes later, the urethane goop had set-up to a gummy, jello-like consistency, which allowed me to remove the duct tape.  The urethane requires several days to fully cure, so, they were no reinstalled until the casting good had fully cured. 

This site is best viewed at 1024x768.  All information provided on www.turbocelica.com is provided without any expressed or implied warranty.  It is the responsibility of each visitor to determine the suitability of this information for your specific application.